"If I only scrape a living, at least it's a living worth scraping. I feel genuinely lucky to - hand on heart - say I love doing what I do and I may never be a rich man. If I live long enough, I'll certainly have a tale or two for the nephews, and I dig the thought of that."
These words close out an arresting, personal mini-documentary by/about surf photographer Mickey Smith. His poetic narration and the harshness of his accent perfectly complement the beautifully desolate images of surfing on the west coast of Ireland. He impresses upon the viewer that the life of a surf photographer is not always the glamor of shooting in Tahiti, but is instead a painful and often dangerous life of sacrifice.
Enjoy. It's pretty stunning.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades