I think this is a fun new product from lite panels. There are clearly some important specs still being left off this announcement, such as FC readings at different distances, initial lumens, and a better sense of the nature of this light. Can it spot and flood like a fresnel or is this just another soft source in a round housing? Hopefully this will be a nice step forward for LEDs and the slow but steady death of tungsten lighting.
On that note, I always find it funny that people are in a constant uproar about new HD this and new HD that, but honestly when are we going to give up on movie lights that are still using technology from the turn of the last century? The HMi is only as cutting edge as the 1960s, Kinos are Fluorescent tubes with overdriven ballasts, nothing that didn't exist by the late 70s really. The average Mole Richardson light is a space heater that happens to produce illumination, incredibly inefficient, and hard to work with (heat, size, etc.). Here is to hoping the next revolution on sets isn't just another computer with a lens on top, but lights that are easier to use, offer us more flexibility, and a smaller carbon footprint.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades